Monday, January 2, 2012

Relaxed and Recharged

This weekend was all about R&R! Friday night we made home made pizza and watched Kung Fu Panda 2 with Aiden. After putting him to bed Mike and I watched Water For Elephants. The movie was OKAY but that's only because I loooooved the book and the movie didn't compare :(

 I had to work for a bit Saturday morning then ran a few errands afterwards while my boys napped. Mike's brother & sister in law were having people over for NYE as well as my good friend Mandy and her husband... but we decided to fore go all the festivities and spend the evening at home as a family. Christmas was hectic and we'll be out of town next weekend so we really wanted to just relax, spend time with Aiden and catch up on sleep. We cooked dinner, had a treat afterwards and watched football.  It really didn't feel like NYE at all... we didn't get any party hats or noise makers or even have a sip of champagne but to me, it was perfect and exactly what we needed.  Honestly, we were in bed at 9:30 and I was asleep by 10 and Mike said he was asleep by 1030. Ha!


2011 was a great year... and like all of them, it went FAST! I think we are officially settled in KC and its starting to feel like home. Mike and I's jobs are going really well and we have a happy and healthy 3 yr old boy who is the absolute light of our lives.

 I can only hope that my  family and friends remain happy and healthy in 2012 and I'm anxious to see what it has in store for everyone!

I dont do resolutions or goals or anything... but I did see this on Pinterest and thought it fit me for this coming year :)


{even though I think I cook enough! ha}

I could definitely add to that list but it'd go on and on and on, so I wont. I think Kelly from Kelly's Korner summed it up best.... "just survive." Amen sister. :)



On Sunday we took down all the Christmas decorations and cleaned up the house.

{I found these adorable snowman mugs at Walgreens for 50cents... I got 2 :) Its the perfect size for Aiden and he loves it!!}

{daddy & Aiden watching "Happy New Year Charlie Brown"}


{Aiden listening to his recorded 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' book one last time before I packed it up}



 I hadn't really unpacked and organized since coming back from Christmas so there was a lot to be done!

 After lunch and naps we took Aiden to the the chipmunk movie "Chipwrecked"




He was in heaven with a slushie, skittles and popcorn! He did really good at the movie and we all had a great time!

After the movie we headed back home to get dinner ready. I had invited my mom, Sarah and Derek over for a mexican feast! Yum-o


Today was another lazy day for me and Aiden. Mike headed to Topeka to get started on some work since its a short week for us.



We CAN.NOT.WAIT to head to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl!! A 2 day work week for me then off to Dallas on Thursday morning!! Aiden will be in good hands with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Don.
Mike and I are driving down with 2 other couples and it should be a fun roadtrip! Mike and I never get to travel together... so this is going to be an extra special weekend for us and I couldn't be more excited!! The funny thing is a TON of the blogs I follow and love are girls from Fayetteville, Arkansas! They are all HUGE Razorback fans and since following them I have joked about wanting to move there. And during football season this year I would always check scores to see if the Razorbacks had won or not and would cheer for them if they were playing. Since they are in the SEC and never play kstate I didn't think it mattered! Until now... ha!  Mike thinks Im going to be cheering for them at the game...trust me I WILL NOT.
I bleed purple. period.

I have my camera charged and ready to go and hope to take pictures this trip!!

Look for us on TV!!! :)

GO CATS!
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment