Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our Weekend!

So I fully intend to do a whole summer recap soon (since I've  been the worlds worst blogger) but that would take too long tonight :)

{Weekend Recap}

{Friday}
Work of course, but since I had Saturday morning off (for the first time in four weekends) I was wanting to do something fun that night! Mid morning I  sent an email out to the fam inviting everyone over for a mexican night at our place! I had been wanting to try out a couple new recipes for shrimp tacos so I was glad everyone could come! Tony, Tara, Sarah, Derek and both my parents came over... we had a house full! I made this recipe and this one... plus beef tacos as back up ;) We liked certain things about both recipes but weren't in love... it's always fun trying something new though!

 We had plenty of Bud light lime-a-ritas and Coronas to go with of course.

 Sarah finished the night by making home made sopapillas...omg YUM!!! They were soooo good!!


Totally chill yet totally fun night... so glad my last minute plans worked out!

{Saturday}
Mom and I were up bright and early to do some shopping with Sarah.  The dress she was wearing really flattered her baby bump and I just thought she looked so darn cute!!


So stinkin adorable!!

We were on a mission to find fabric for my niece Collins' crib bedding! We went to Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabric and JoAnn's. The fabric we found is PERFECT and I can not wait to see how the bedding turns out. My brother's fiance's mom offered to make the bedding which is SO sweet!



 We also made a pit stop into Buy Buy Baby. I could look at baby stuff all.day.long. LOVE it all!!! {I may or may not be living vicariously through her pregnancy.... so much has changed in the 3 yrs since I've had a baby!} Sarah decided to test out what she thought was a massage chair/glider, but with a press of the remote, the chair reclined! She was in heaven! It was hard to get her to leave that chair ;)

We had so much fun but that shopping wore us out!! No time for rest because Aiden was patiently waiting at home for us to take him to the pool :)

That night Tony and Tara had us over for a bbq at their new house! My dad and Tony had picked out a new grill earlier in the day so we had to test it out! Good food and fun with the family for a second night!


It was a group effort ;)



{Sunday}
Lazzzzyyyyyy!! Saturday's are always go go go so our Sunday's are super low key.

I tried another new recipe for breakfast that turned out pretty good! I thought it was a lost cause the first time I took it out of the oven and cut into it, but after a few more minutes of baking, it was great! Super un healthy... almost to the point of me not wanting it anymore while I was making it. Oh well, it's not like we're eating it every day!



  
We picked up and did some laundry, then while the boys napped my mom and I ran to Old Navy and Home goods. At Home Goods I found Aiden new bedding for cheap and also found storage bins for Collins' nursery that match perfect with the fabric we got! Love that store!!


We ended our evening with home made pizza, our favorite! Aiden was my little helper and did a great job!







It was a great weekend... consisting mainly of all things Collins and all things food... the best!!

I dont get very many Saturday mornings off these days so it really felt good having a break this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely a weekend full of Collins and eating! Thanks SO much for everything this weekend. Collins is very lucky to have an aunt like you.

    ReplyDelete