Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day On The Farm!


Yesterday we visited the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead! I have been wanting to Aiden for awhile but was waiting for the weather to get a little cooler and it was something I wanted to do as a family. Well the weather has been warmer than expected and Mike has been busy with his new job and traveling for some training so we hadn't been able to take him together. I start my new job on Monday so I've been wanting to do things with Aiden this week that I wont be able to do once I go back to work. (sad face!!) So I called my sister Sarah to see if she, and the twin boys she nannies for, wanted to join us for a day at the farmstead.

It was a beautiful day! The farm is amazing and we will be going back with Mike soon. We didn't get to do the hay ride and pumpkin patch since we had the babies with us but there was still SO much for Aiden to enjoy and he did! I have never seen him run so fast in my life. I honestly thought he was going to fall flat on his face because he was getting so far in front of himself when he would run! He just didn't know WHAT to do with himself. It was so nice to just let him go and run and play and scream and talk as loud as he wanted too! Im diggin ALL activites that dont require him to be held or in a stroller and me not having to shhhh! him at all times. This place was Heaven on Earth  :)

Im glad sarah came with us even though she has her hands full with the twins! We both can't wait to go back when our other sister visits and take my niece and nephew too!

The farm is absolutely beautiful. My favorite part was the butterfly garden. Pretty flowers, brick paths, a tiny house...so cute! Im not sure what Aiden's favorite part was, he LOVED it all! Next time we will go all out and feed the goats and ducks, take the wagon ride, watch them milk the cow, fish and visit the ice cream parlor! (Im still sad we didn't do that yesterday, but we hadn't even had lunch. Im always thinking about food! ha!)

We can't wait to go back many many many more times! I hope one day Aiden remembers this place as a fond childhood memory! You can never have enough of those!

Here are some pics of our day at Deanna Rose::









No comments:

Post a Comment