Wednesday, January 12, 2011

well hello there....

Lets begin this post like I begin ALL posts... apologizing for being a HORRIBLE blogger!! At one point recently I contemplated deleting my blog! I LOVE reading blogs and once I have a post done Im so happy but the time its takes... gah!! Plus my camera is still broke and whats a blog post with out pics?!? Im going to use the ones i've taken from my phone recently... you'll get what you get k?!? ha :)
 {good news: I found the receipt for my camera and it turns out we DID infact purchase a 2 yr warranty so fixing it (AGAIN) will be free! Need to get to best buy asap!}

Aiden has changed SOOO much lately and Ill kick my self if I dont document it sooo...

 Its time for an Aiden Update!! {hooray!!}

Aiden is 2yrs and 1 month today!
He is a whole new boy since this post just 4 months ago! Crazy how they change. Too lazy to dig up his 2 year stats from his appointment but he is "perfect" according to the doctor! {duh, dont have to tell us that!}The doctor was very impressed with his language skills and thought he was very advanced and a very inquisitive little boy.

:: He is doing great at "school" He has good reports everyday and I crack up when the teachers write he had seconds of everything at lunch. Fat kid... just like his mommy. ha!

:: Since he is in the 2-3 year old room and has been since we moved here, he is pretty much one of the only kids who isn't potty trained. Since he sees the other kids go he is very intrigued so the training has begun! Still not pushing it too hard, I still think he is a little young. But we send pull ups and big boy underwear to school every day and twice this week he has came home in the pants i sent him in which means no accidents!! He goes in the potty ALL day at school and will tell the teachers when he has to go and will even stay dry during his nap. Impressive!! He has had a couple accidents this week when it comes to going #2... one happened at the dinner table the other night and he was SO embarrassed and started crying. Poor guy! He was sitting down to go but once again was very intrigued by the other boys standing so now he ONLY stands and refuses to sit. (another reason the #2 thing is a struggle) He likes to watch himself go so sometimes he misses the toilet and will potty ALL over. Potty training is fun ;)
I really am impressed at how well he is doing though!! {even when mommy lets the toilet lid AND seat fall on his head... happened the other night :( oops!}

:: The toddler bed has been a breeze! I was SO afraid of this transition but it went smoother than I could ever imagine! He lays right down when its time for bed and just like his cousin pax he has his "friends" aka... hippo, george, baby and puppy... and will go right to sleep. His "baby" is a stuffed precious moments angel doll thats hands are sewn together like its praying and its says a little prayer when you squeeze it. Paxton also had this doll and my sister used it for his first prayer when he would go to bed. So we have been doing the same thing and we say it over and over and over again before he goes to bed. He can say it along with the doll and it just melts my heart hearing him say "amen".  He hasn't gotten out of his bed once but Im sure that will change eventually. Im loving it right now. I still check on him more now that i have ever done in the past... every noise I hear on the moniter freaks me out so I go in there! He still sleeps his usual 8pm-6:30am.

:: I DO IT!!! The 3 words I hear the most these days! He wants to un dress himself, put his dishes in the sink, throw away his diapers, brush his teeth, brush his hair, pull his pants down then up when he goes potty, flush the toilet, take his hat and coat off and hang it up, get in his car seat on his own,  open doors, take his shoes off, help un load the dishwasher, turn lights off and on, put his movies in and push play, changing the channels himself, putting his clothes in the hamper... everything himself!! Which is completely fine and Im usually willing to let him do it all  UNLESS Im running late for work, then its a battle :)  I can forget about holding him or even holding his hand he is Mr. Independent! But he is also a huge helper and I love that he enjoys doing all these things, I just can get over that he is truly becoming a little man! :***(

:: He rarely uses a sippy cup, he HAS to have a big boy cup, no lid! He doesn't even like using his toddler silver ware, he usually wines until I give him MY fork at dinner every night. He sometimes throws a fit when I use his toddler plates as well... he wants a big plate like ours. silly boy. He also loves to "trade" This cracks us up. We'll be eating and Ill have water and he'll have milk and he'll say "wanna trade" he wants to trade everything! ha ha ha...
I think he picked it up at school. no wonder he is sick all the time, he is probably trading forks with his little friends at the lunch table! Stinker.

:: I just cant get over how smart he is and he SHOCKS me every day with the words that come out of his mouth. We were in the car saturday and I hear him saying "March, April, May, June, July, August, Member (thats september) I about died! when did he learn to say the months!?!? I have been trying to get it on video but he gets super bashful when I ask him to do it.
And he knows how to count and he knows which shapes are which and he knows the alphabet and twinkle twinkle. His favorite song is "happy birthday"... sings it all.day.long

:: He says his name and it cracks us up! He can say Schuessler better than most!!
He also says Amber Schuessler, Amber Schuessler, Amber Schuessler ALL the time. I just dont have the heart to correct him, he is so proud.
BTW yes, my son is calling me Amber. Not okay!! I thought it was hilarious a month ago when he started calling mike, Mike but when he started calling ME, Amber... ummm NO. NO. NO.
this is absolutely not acceptable to me, I am MOMMY!! He know it irritates me and does it on purpose too!

::He is obsessed with Thomas the Train right now. Its his movie of choice and I have the theme song stuck in my head all day at work usually. ugh. Its a nice break from blues clues though!

:: He is very polite and good about saying please, thank you and excuse me.

:: He has been super good lately and we've even gotten past that little phase where he was super grumpy when I got him home from daycare. That was a very exhausting and trying time for us, but I think it was just the whole transition with the move, new daycare, new schedule etc. He is great now and nights have been going a lot smoother.

:: He really is a sweet boy and has such a kind soul... I can already tell. He loves babies and he is always making sure everyone is okay if they are crying or have hurt themselves.

Here's some pics from my phone and from Christmas. Enjoy!






































Hope you got your Aiden fix!! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad your not giving up on your blog. I see him all the time but I still loving reading all it and you know out of town family LOVE it. He sure has grown up the past couple months. I love listening to him sing, call you Amber and then crack up at himself cause he knows it makes you mad, and just hearing his sweet little voice. Auntie is very happy to get to live so close and experience all this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete